Commercial activity, solicitation or other retail activities on the Stanford campus are governed by the university policy 1.5.3 Unrelated Business Activity and Internal Revenue Service tax codes.
Any retail activities must:
- Support the educational mission of the university
- Be organized by an authorized Stanford University department or student group
- Obtain prior approval in order to proceed
Acceptable examples of retail activity on campus may include:
- Sales of tickets to university events
- Vendors at one-time cultural fairs/programs
- Sales of CDs by recognized Stanford groups
Ongoing retail sales and sales unrelated to an educational event at Stanford are prohibited.